Saturday, December 26, 2020

Light the World


When Jesus Christ was born, angels proclaimed, “On earth peace, good will toward men” (Luke 2:14). This December, the promise remains the same. As we love and serve each day the way Jesus did, we can end 2020 on a hopeful note.

Day 1 - We donated money to United Way with change that we had around the house. 


Day 2 - When I think of Christ-like service, my parents and in-laws came to mind. They are served me, their families, their church, and their community. What great examples they are to me. #lighttheworld2020

Day 3 - When I think of peace and calm, I think of Jim.  Jim has a calming influence for me.  He often reminds me to let things go that I have no control over.  I need his calming influence every day whether he knows it or not.  I love you Jim!! #lighttheworld2020

Day 4 - We watched “The Christ Child” as a family.  It brought the Christmas spirit into our home.




Day 5 - Marden and Myrna are always dropping stuff at our doorstep.
  We paid it backwards by dropping stuff at their door.


Day 6 - We fasted this Sunday.


Day 7 - We decorated a poinsettia and dropped it off at a neighbor's house.


Day 8 - We sent a bundt cake to the nurses at Creekside.

Day 9 - I send my dad a Grandparent chatbook once a month.

Day 10 - Thea Bohn was my grandma’s grandma.  She was born and raised in Utah.  Her parents emigrated from Denmark.  She married a man who emigrated from Sweden and had 7 children, the youngest only lived 6 yrs.  During her marriage, her husband served a mission in Sweden for a couple of years.  She was a good, devoted, and attentive mother.  She served her community and was loved s respected.  She sounds like an amazing woman and I’m glad to have studied her life today.


Day 11 - We had  primary kids whose birthdays were in December and they were both getting baptized.  So, Jim and I delivered them both today.

Day 12 - We support a small business when we bought a shower
 gift to Zach's fiance.  She was having a bridal shower.

Day 13 - I took time during Sacrament Meeting, especially during the
 Sacrament about how to grow close to my Heavenly Father.

Day 14 - We watched the Social Sing that the church put on.



Day 15 -  love my dad!!


Day 16- I dedicate the star on my tree to my angel mom.  
She loved Christmas and I think about her a lot during the season.


Day 17- We pay our fast offerings and that helps that church feed those who are in need.


Day 18 - We read books to Manny.


Day 19 - We wrote letters to my dad  for several days


Day 20 - We read Luke 2 on our way to Benson.


Day 21 - Facetime and Zoom have been great during this season.


Dec. 22nd - Jim and I shared some stories with our children that we felt were inspiring.


Dec. 23 - I’m grateful for my family!! They have been my rock this year. 
 I love them more than they will ever know.  Sure glad I get to spend Christmas with them

Dec. 24th - Christmas Eve dinner was such a sweet experience as we talked about what we loved about each other.  This may become a new tradition.


Dec. 25th - Light the World Day 25

Dec. 26 - Light the World 26

No comments: