Monday, August 25, 2008

Josh turns 12



Josh turned 12 yesterday. I can't believe how fast those 12 years went by. The highlight of the day was when Josh was conferred the Aaronic Priesthood by his Father. It was so special to have Josh's grandparents, parents, and sisters there for the ordination. Josh has been looking forward to this moment. He also earned his Faith in God award from Primary, which helped Josh prepare to receive the Priesthood. Josh's favorite memory of the day was the ordination. It just makes a mom proud.


Later that evening, we celebrated Josh's birthday with cake and presents. He picked out the cake, and created the menu for his birthday dinner. He opened presents and just loved being the center of attention. He loved every minute of his birthday, except bedtime. He just didn't want it to end. We will have a birthday party this year, so he can look forward to that. Here are some cute pictures of Josh growing up.






7 comments:

Caleb Ball said...

Happy Birthday to Josh! He's a great young man. Seems like only yesterday he was one of my Webelos! Just wait til he passes the sacrament for the first time. If you're anything like me Tami, you'll have a lump in your throat and tears in your eyes!

Ball Family said...

Oops, didn't realize Caleb was signed in , and I posted with his name!! So yeah, that was me above!

Unknown said...

On Sunday when Bishop presented Josh to be made a Deacon I could hardly believe he was that old. I turned to Tab and just said WOW, I remember when he was little and in Primary. Congratulations and Happy Birthday Josh.

White Family said...

Happy birthday Josh! I thought the picture of Josh as Harry Potter was great. What a cute costume! Hope you had a good one!

Kim said...

I just commented on my sis-in-law's blog about her son already being a senior & how time flies. Here's another example of how time goes way too fast. But, it's exciting! Josh looked so cute as Harry Potter.

Bren's Life said...

Oh my Goodness! I can't believe he is already 12. Time sure flies. What a great young man you have there....

Julie said...

I can't believe Josh is 12 already! Amazing! I love that little Harry Potter pic! So cute! What an exciting year!