Friday, August 29, 2008

Surprise Work Day

There is an advantage to working in downtown Phoenix today. Jim received a phone call about 7:00 this morning telling him to stay home from work today. The streets near his workplace are a mess with downed power lines and trees. There is no electricity for the building nor for the server in the building, so he can't work in the office nor at home. What a great surprise for our family. It's been nice spending time with Jim. He will be able to have a four day weekend. How often does that happen?


During the electric storm last night, I took pictures of the lightening instead of putting my kids to bed. It's not every night that it rains, except lately. Dani had to run and play in the rain before going to bed. Josh had to check out the lightening storm, so my kids went to bed again late. With the Olympics and the storms, my kids haven't gone to bed at a decent time since school started. We need to work on that.

Here are a couple of photos I took last night. This is the reason my kids went to bed late again. It was very entertaining to watch, especially knowing that it wasn't so close to home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tami,
We are going to go private on our blog so send me your email. Thanks.

Kim said...

You took some awesome lightening pictures!