Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dani got her ears pierced

Dani went to the mall on Tuesday and got her ears pierced. I was more nervous than she was. I took pictures and that helped calm my nerves. She was really nervous but so excited. I wanted her to wait and decide for herself if she wanted her ears pierced. Some of her cousins get their ears pierced when they are 8 and others wait until they are 12. It was so hard to decide on that magical age when Dani could get her ears pierced. Dani has a cousin, Brittany, who just turned 12. These two cousins are very tight and do a lot together. So, Dani and Britt went to get their ears pierced together. The girls were very brave and look so cool with their ears pierced.

When I was young, my parents made my sisters and I wait until we were 16 before we could get our ears pierced. I waited until my 16th birthday, but when it came I decided not to get my ears pierced. Til this day, my ears are not pierced. That saves a lot of money on ear rings. I refuse to wear clip-ons, except on my wedding day and only for pictures. Those guys hurt, probably worse than getting your ears pierced. For a brief moment, I thought of going with the girls and getting my ears pierced too. Then I came to my senses and realized that I really didn't want them pierced. I didn't want to deal with earrings and finding the right pair or it's match. I've gone 30+ years without earrings and can go 30+ more years . Dani really wanted her ears pierced, I never really did.


Here is Dani and Britt before they got their ear pierced. They were so excited, but they had to wait. When we arrived the first time, we didn't have the proper ID. The second time, the stores closed early on Labor Day. The girls went the third time, and finally got their ears pierced.

She looks terrified and brave all at the same time. I'm so glad I changed my mind. That looks like it's going to hurt.

She survived.

Here the girls are with their ears newly pierced. They are happy the ordeal is over.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lindsey has been bugging me about ear piercing (she has to wait until she's 13). I hope she doesn't see that Dani got her ears pierced. : )

page family said...

I also had to wait until 16 years old. When my oldest was 5 her best friend got her ears pierced and Courtney was just devastated because now "Sally was the prettiest". LOL, i had to do something to comfort her, so I told her that when she was 10 she could get her ears pierced. She has NEVER forgotten that and next year she'll be 10. You'll have to let me know if Dani is doing well at taking care of them! That's what I'm concerned about...avoiding infections and stuff. Anyway, great story!