Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympics

I've been watching the Olympics and loving every minute of it. Every 4 years, I sit glued to the TV set and watch the Olympics. I love hearing the stories of the athlete and the inspiration that got them to the Olympics. I just love watching the competition.


I remember the first Olympics that I watched when I was a freshman in high school. It was highly publicized because of the politics involved. I became interested because of my dad. He has a ham radio license and was involved in the torch relay. He was close to the torch runners and provided communication. This was before cell phones. My Mom and siblings met my Dad in Salt Lake and we met some of the torch runners. It was so awesome to meet these athletes and we received an autographed book about the Olympics which told us the athletes to watch. I was so excited to watch the Olympics soon. I remember the music by John Williams and the gymnastics. I remember watching Mary Lou Retton and the men's gymnastics win the gold medals. After the 1984 Olympics, I was hooked on it and have loved it ever since.
Check out my friend, brother, and I holding a torch from the relay. Don't look to close, you'll see my crazy hair. Did I mention it was a hot day? It was a great day for my dad and the family.

1 comment:

Pace & Gwen said...

So cool! I love the Olympics, don't watch them enough, but yes, they are totally inspiring. How are you guys? We miss you all! Life is great so far though. We're really feeling good here, happy. :) PS - Can you let Amber know that I cut Pace's hair myself? I tried to go to her blog and leave her a comment put it's private so I couldn't. Just let her know it turned out GREAT, and tell her THANK YOU :)