Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last Days of School

The last day of school kept my kids very busy with different school events.


Josh, Dani, and Angela all had field trips the last few days of school. Josh and Dani went to the IMAX, while Angela went bowling with her classmates. They all enjoyed their field trips. Angela brought home a bowling pin with her classmates autographs.


Josh attended his 6th grade promotion officially became a 7th grader. His teachers called his name and he gave him a nice certificate and he walked across the stage just like he watched his dad do the week before. He was very honored to walk across and shake the hands of the 6th grade teachers. He was on the honor roll again this quarter and he did a great job.

Josh on the last day of elementary school.


At the awards ceremony, Josh and Dani were recognized for being in the band and in the student council. Josh and Dani went to school early very day to eat breakfast and attend student council on most Fridays. When they were being honored, they stood next to each other and I couldn't have been prouder as their mom. Josh earned the media center, science, and social studies award. Dani earned the reading award and a certificate for participating in a month long PE event. Dani earned a straight A's this quarter. Good Job Dani!



Josh and Dani being recognized as student council members. I love this pic even if it's blurry! Dani earned a reading award. She is always reading a book.


Angela had an awards ceremony in her class. She earned the 'Most Improved Handwriting' award. Her handwriting has improved so much over the past 3 years and Angela is proud of the papers she has written. Angela also received her promotion to 4th grade certificate. Angela is attending her home school next year which is just around the corner. Because she is in the special ed program, the school district could transport her to and from school if I wanted the service. I decided that I would enjoy picking Angela up from school with her sister. So after 6.5 years, the bus will not stop at our house to pick up Angela and take her to school or bring her home. She has had some fabulous bus drivers and I thank them for their service.

Angela's last bus ride for a few years.

3 comments:

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

Whoa! You have a child in Jr. High now!?!? Crazy! I bet you're scared! Crazy! I remember when he was my cub scout in Webelos! Time flys!

Unknown said...

I was stunned when I read Josh will be at Taylor next year. I was telling Tab and he just looked at me like I was nuts. He's like wow we are really getting old!!!! Congrats to all of your kids they are all doing so well. You must be proud.

Future Zoo Veterinarian said...

that's so cool. yeah summmer!!! btw this is cortney finally got some sense knocked into me and made a blog!!! woot!!
-cort