Monday, May 4, 2009

Memorable Monday
Visiting Teaching

The Relief Society in our ward is planning their annual Visiting Teaching Conference. I remember when I was a Young Adult in my parent's ward and had an awesome companion who taught me how to be a visiting teacher. I still remember that experience and am grateful for my sweet companion who was patient with my crazy schedule. We had the opportunity of visiting some wonderful women in our ward. We visited three sisters who had different lives and challenges and taught me so much during our visits. I made some great friendships with those three sisters that I wouldn't have made outside of visiting teaching. I hope that I can be a great visiting teacher like that companion that took the time to teach me.

2 comments:

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I love the Visiting Teaching program, but know that I have much to learn and grow to be truly converted to it.

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

Wow how neat! I VT some wonderful women now. Our conference was awesome wasn't it! I'll never forget Sis. Riding! Hilarious!
PS- If you want to get a culture pass let me know, there's a strategy involved! Seriously it's a mad house!