Saturday, January 24, 2009

Random Things

I'm been a tagged couple of times about writing down random things about me. I'm writing this post on my blog and hope to import it onto Facebook. Let's hope it works out.
Here are 25 random things about me.
  1. I've never finished 2nd grade, but started 3rd grade twice. The results of moving to one area to another. If I don't something, I blame it on missing the end of 2nd grade.
  2. I hated to read in school, but I love it now. There are so many good books that I missed out on. I am reading now with my kids, and enjoy it.
  3. I love to listen to Christmas music all year long.
  4. I don't like really spicy food. I'm the boring one in the resturant.
  5. I love old Cary Grant movies, especially the funny ones like Arsenic and Old Lace.
  6. I've never traveled east of Denver, CO. I totally need to get out more.
  7. While Student Teaching, I was mistaken for a Junior High student. It was on a Friday when the teachers were encouraged to wear casual clothes. I went to the Book Store to get some butcher paper with some students. I used the teacher's entrance and the lady got after us for using the wrong door. She glanced at me a few times before she realized that I was a teacher. I'll never forget how embarrassed I was.
  8. I went kneeboarding just a few weeks after have surgery to remove some pins in my arm. I was in the boat with some boys and I was trying to impress them. That wasn't the best idea. Nothing happened with my arm, but I was told not to water ski for awhile. Kneeboading isn't exactly water skiing is it?
  9. I like familiarity.
  10. I love to play video games with my kids. I tell them that I want to make sure that the game is appropriate for them. Let's face it, the games are fun to play.
  11. I drink too much Diet Coke. I started this habit in high school, but perfected in college. It doesn't help that they built a QT right by my house.
  12. I love to do puzzles, especially those requiring paper and a sharp pencil.
  13. I like American Idol after the auditions. I feel so bad for the contestants who don't sing well. It's probably because I have a horrible voice.
  14. I rely too much on spell check and grammar check. I think that was taught at the end of second grade.
  15. I like to watch a move with subtitles. It helps to see the words as well as hear them, especially if they have a strong accent.
  16. I love to watch "Lost" and be trying to discover what is going on.
  17. I have taken so many pictures that it is hard to organize them all. There are many more that I would love to scan.
  18. I wish February 29th came every year. It's Angela's birthday. Poor girl, I had to explain to her that her birthday comes every 4 years.
  19. I don't like to be licked by dogs. I don't want a dog for that very reason.
  20. I like to watch a variety of movies. I like classics like North & South, adventures like Bourne Identity, comedies like Princess Bride, children's movies like Nanny McPhee, fantasy movies like Lord of the Rings, and Sci-fi movies like Star Wars.
  21. I love the rain and wished it would rain more often, maybe once a week. When it rains, the whole family goes outside to play.
  22. I wish I could stay 39 forever. It's a good age.
  23. I love chocolate in any form, especially in the form of candy bars.
  24. I lived in AZ for 20 years and haven't seen the Grand Canyon yet. I plan to do just that this year with my family.
  25. I love to watch Jim play with the kids. He is so fun to watch with the kids. They totally love his attention.

This list was a hard one to compile. I tag anyone who is up to the challenge. Thanks to Iralee and Tracie who tagged me. I remembered a lot, even stuff I didn't want to share.

2 comments:

Ball Family said...

That was very fun to read, and now I know some more things about you that I didn't before!

leesaloo2 said...

Wow, and you didn't tag me. YESSSS!!!!!!