Monday, January 26, 2009

Memorable Monday
Temple Open House

I read that the Draper Temple is having an Open House for a couple of months. I grew up in Sandy which neigbors Draper and was excited to hear that there is another temple close to Sandy. It reminded of when my family would watch the Jordan River Temple being built and attending the groundbreaking ceremony, open house, and the dedication. It was a wonderful feeling and still remember bits and pieces vividly. I was only 12 years old when the temple was dedicated. I could see the temple from the middle of the street. It was a great reminder for me that I wanted to someday go there and get married. I ended up getting married in the Mesa, AZ Tempe, and I couldn't be happier. Several years after I was married, the Snowflake Temple was built. I wanted my husband and children to experience an open house of a newly built temple. Going to an open house is a wonderful experience. We are patiently waiting for the temples in AZ.
The Jordan River under construction.
My family at the time of the temple construction. I'm the one in the blue dress. It's so fun to see pictures of when I was younger. I was upset that my younger sister, Lisa was taller than me.

Pace Family in front of the Snowflake AZ temple.

No comments: