Monday, February 2, 2009

Memorable Monday
Hosting a Playoff Party

Yesterday we watched the last quarter of the Super Bowl. For just a minute or two we thought that they might win the Super Bowl, but it wasn't meant to be. We were heartbroken for the Cardinals and proud of them for such a winning season. It reminded me of the time the Suns were in the Finals in 1993 and lost when John Paxon sunk the three-pointer. It was a heartbreaking lost.

When the Suns were in the playoffs the next year, I wanted to host a Suns playoff party. Most of the playoffs games were on Pay-per-View, so hosting a party would be a great idea. My parents were willing to pay for the game and I invited about 20 people over to watch the game. We crammed in my parents family room with two TVs playing the game. It was a great night with friends, food, and fun. One guest that I invited was Jim Pace. He was the first guest to arrive and the last guest to leave. It was a great night talking to him and hanging out with him. At that time, Jim and I had been friends for 4 years, but things changed after that night. We started to hang out more and became closer friends. We dated for awhile and got married about 9 months later. I'm so glad that I convinced my parents to let me host that party.

3 comments:

Jim Pace said...

I'm glad you had the party as well. It seems to work out for the best for both of us!

Jim

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I think you should've had any kind of party a lot sooner. I thought you two would never get together! I'm so glad you finally did! Woo Hoo!

leesaloo2 said...

And the rest is history. Remind me never to throw any of those parties at my house!!! At lest not until Mackenzie is 21.