Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Memorable Monday
Girl's Bedrooms

Our three girls have to share a tiny little bedroom. There's only room for one bed and some bookshelves and a little bit of play area. With three girls, Jim and I have thought long and hard about how to have the girls sleep comfortably in the room. We tried many different options before we decided to spend some big bucks and purchase a twin bunk bed with a trundle. Each girl has their separate bed without compromising on space.
That reminds of our sleeping arrangements growing up with my family. Our brothers shared a bedroom right across from my parents while the three girls shared two bedrooms down in the basement. The bedrooms downstairs had an opening between the two rooms, so sometimes we considered in one huge room. It was as big as my parents' room, our brothers' room, and a closet combined. It was awesome! The basement wasn't finished and the walls were dry wall. We drew on our walls and wrote cool messages without getting in trouble. It was great sleeping downstairs, but my dad always knew when we weren't sleeping. Lisa and I could talk all night if given a chance. When we moved to AZ, my parents bought a house with four complete bedrooms. The boys picked the bedroom that was the farthest away from my parents. I think they planned that. My sisters and I have had a lot of great memories of that old bedroom. I hope my girls create memories and enjoy sharing a room.

No comments: