Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Memorable Monday
Weeding a Garden

On Saturday, Dani and I went and did a ward service project. We pulled weeds and made a small space look really pretty. It was great to work side by side with my daughter and members of our ward. Yard work is very fulfilling when you can see the final product.
This experience reminded me of a time when I was Dani's age and I helped my parents pull weeds and take care of a stake garden. When we lived in Sandy, our stake had a garden where South Towne Mall now sits. The members of the stake would take care of the garden. I remember one day going to pull weeds. Pulling the weeds was a lot funner when there were friends to talk to and hang out with. I'm not sure how often we helped or how long the garden lasted, but I remember working there. My parents had a garden in the back yard that we had to weed too. We are planning on setting up a garden in my back yard, so my kids can experience weeding a garden.

2 comments:

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I miss my large garden in Lehi except the weeds. It is a great feeling taking care of your own garden and reaping the harvest of hard work. Good luck with yours!

leesaloo2 said...

Oh, yeah. I it is much funner working with other people around. And I had fun at the Stake Garden too.