Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference

General Conference is a weekend that I look forward to. It's so wonderful to hear from our prophet,apostles, and leaders of our church. It was great to hear from our new apostle Neil A. Andersen. There were a couple of talks that touched me and gave inspiration to continue on the right path. There were many talks that I need to hear and make the necessary changes in my life. My favorite talk was given by Elder Holland. It was especially touching since Easter was a week away from Conference. In his talk he stated: "Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so." I loved that statement and know that I am not alone in my trials and life. What a great blessing we have to listen to Conference twice a year. Every year Conference means more to me and the words seem more inspiring.
Jim and Josh attended the Priesthood session together. It's great the Josh is old enough to go with his dad. I love that my son is willing to attend the Priesthood session and listens to the talks given. He is a great kid and I'm so proud of him. While the boys are away at Conference, the girls and I head to Jim's parents and play. It's a great tradition for all the cousins.

Dani and Kaylynn swinging.

Angela and Brianna playing on the monkey bars.

Emily loving playing with the Moon Sand.

No comments: