Monday, April 20, 2009

Memorable Monday
Baking

After Stake Conference, Dani and I made homemade bread. I wanted to teach her how to use yeast. Dani love mixing the ingredients, and kneading the dough. Dani and I enjoyed making the bread and spending time with each other. The bread turned out great and the house smelled good for days. The experience was a great one and I hope to do it again soon.

This reminded of a time when my cousin and I decided to make a pie. We got all the ingredients together and mixed up the batter for the crust. We kneaded the dough, just like you would if you made bread. We kneaded the dough really well and thought this pie is going to be great. We cooked the pie and were so excited to eat our awesome pie. To our surprise, the crust was really hard, too hard for us or others to enjoy. My mom explained to us that you don't knead the dough for a pie crust. I've learned a little bit more about baking since then.

1 comment:

Bren's Life said...

Hey Stranger!
I am so impressed that you made bread.. I have never made bread from scratch.. But I sure love to eat it! How have you been?