Monday, April 6, 2009

Memorable Monday
High School Musicals

On Friday, I watched the movie "Damn Yankees". On Saturday night, after the Priesthood session, Dani and I went to see the musical "The King and I". Both the movie and the play reminded me of the musicals that I did in high school.
In high school, I was in the orchestra pit and played the violin for 3 musicals: Oklahoma, King & I, and Damn Yankees. We practiced for months to prepare for the performances. I also participated in a Brigadoon which was performed by members of the community that I lived in. I played the bass and performed in Salt Lake City for that one. I loved playing the orchestra and seeing the plays over and over again as we practiced. I haven't heard the music from Damn Yankees in over 20 years, but when I watched in on TV I remembered some of the songs and the scenes from high school. One of my high school friends was in the play and I remember some of the scenes she was in. It was an incredible experience for me and I loved participating in the musicals.

No comments: