Saturday, April 4, 2009

Suns Game

Friday night, Jim and I took the two oldest kids to a Phoenix Suns game. We traveled to the arena by light rail. Our kids were so excited to try out the new light rail. When we got off the light rail, we only had to walk one block until we arrived at the arena. It was cool and cheaper than parking. The Diamondback were playing a game that night too, so the light rail was full and almost everyone got off at our stop. It was a fun experience for us.
Before we got to our seats to watch the game, the kids got their face painted and meet a couple of my favorite Suns players - KJ and Majerle. I know that it's been several years since they played, but they are still my favorite. I went to a game where they both played and loved every minute of it. I hoped my kids would enjoy the Suns game as much as I did.

The kids really enjoyed watching the Suns game. It was a very face paced game with the Suns leading the game the whole time, except for a second or two when it was tied. The Suns beat the Kings 139-111. It was so fun to watch Nash and O'Neal play on the court instead of just on TV. I'm so glad that Jim had this great idea to watch the Suns play.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I would love to take my kids to a Suns game! You are awesome parents! They will have great memories when they grow older. Wish I could've seen you when I was down this weekend! UGH, never enough time to see the ones you care about!