Monday, August 3, 2009

Memorable Monday
Camping with Grandparents

After this past camp out with the Paces, I was reminiscing about the times I went camping with my Grandparents. I love to go camping, especially with Grandparents.

I remember a camping trip with my Grandpa Wall. We drove by his house on the way to the campisite. We stopped by to visit with him before heading to the campsite. Later that evening, my Grandpa came to visit us at the campsite. He brought all the supplies to make homemade root beer. It was so fun to have a visitor while we were camping. I will always remember that camping trip.

I remember we went camping with Grandma and Grandpa Shaw at the Willard State Park, which is located right off of the Great Salt Lake. I remember camping with our cousins and playing on and near the lake. The State park is a fresh water reservoir just off the Great Salt Lake. We had a great time and I loved the view of the Great Salt Lake in the distance.
There were many other camping trips with Grandma and Grandpa Shaw. I don't remember them, but there are some pictures that are great to see. Here I am next to my Grandma Shaw. I don't remember this camping trip, but I love to look at the picture and remember her. I want my kids to see pictures even if they don't remember the event.


Several years ago, my parents came camping with my kids for the first time. The location was in the same place that we went with the Paces. It was so fun to see my Mom and Dad interact with their grandchildren. It was an awesome trip and the kids had such a great time. Since then we have been camping twice with my whole family and it has become such a great tradition. I love camping with my family.

No comments: