Monday, March 1, 2010

"Game On"

Some friends in the neighborhood and I had a little health competition. I wanted to make some changes in my life and found a fun way to change to a healthier lifestyle. This was a 5 week competition which had the following goals daily.
  • Eat Healthy Choices
  • No Soda
  • No Sweets
  • 3 servings of Vegetable & 2 servings of Fruit
  • 8 cups of Water
  • Personal Contact with teammate
  • 7 hrs. of sleep
  • Personal Goal
  • Scripture Study
  • 1 hr. exercise
  • Family and Personal Prayer
  • No Food 2 hrs. before bed

There was a weekly goal of weigh loss and we had to take one day off a week. This competition was difficult at first, but it got easier for me as the time went on. I lost a total of 10 pounds while participating in the "Game-On" program. This has been the funnest way for me to lose weight and it helped to be accountable to the way I was living my life. The program is over, but I hear rumors that they will start up again - Count me in!

No comments: