Monday, March 1, 2010

Memorable Monday
Choir Calling

As I watched my kids sing at Stake Conference this past Sunday, I remembered the time that I sang in the choir as a youth. I remember that singing in the choir was a calling for those in our teen years. A lot of youth in my ward sang in the choir and I think that it was their calling too. The youth didn't volunteer to sing in the choir like they do now, that's probably why they called the youth to sing in the choir. I don't sing well, so that wasn't a requirement.

I also remember when our stake center was dedicated and I sang "Because I Have Been Given Much" with the choir. We had to have the words memorized and I still have the words memorized today. When we sing that song in church, I often reflect on that day when we dedicated the stake center. Singing in a choir was a great experience and I'm really glad that I was called to sing in the choir.

No comments: