Monday, March 8, 2010

Memorable Monday
Personal Progress

One of Dani's YW leaders came to visit with Dani and I with an introduction her to the Personal Progress program. I needed an introduction to because it's completely different than the personal program I did as a youth. As a parent, I can earn the Personal Progress alongside my daughter, which is awesome since it's a different program.
I dug up my Personal Progress book and noticed the the date it was published was in 1975. I did some research and realized that it was the first Personal Progress Program designed for the young women. I earned my Young Women Recognition in 1986 with this program. It was fun to look at my Personal Progress book and remember when I made those goals. I remember meeting with my young women leaders and we discussed and signed off on the goals that I made. It was fun to look back and reflect on the times that I spent in Young Women's program. There is a letter from my Bishop that he wrote when I was a laurel. It's awesome to read his testimony years later. My personal Progress had 6 areas of focus instead of the values that the girls know today.

No comments: