Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Court of Honor

Tonight we had a Court of Honor. With my new calling, I helped plan this one with a lot of help from the scouts and my husband. I learned how much work goes into a Court of Honor, even a simple one. There was a Board of Review to set up, badges to buy, paperwork to fill out, pins to find, programs to plan, refreshments to buy, and so much more. There is a lot of behind the scenes that make Scouting work and a got a glimpse of that these past few months. I want to thank of all the leaders that have been involved with Josh during the years he has been in scouts.

Josh earned three merit badges: communication, woodcarving, and personal management. He also earned a Varsity On-Target pin. Josh was asked to lead the Scout Oath and Law during the Court of Honor. It was so neat to Josh awarded and see how much Josh has learned from scouting.

No comments: