Monday, November 1, 2010

Memorable Monday
Election Day

There is an election tomorrow and it's also my sweet Emmy's birthday. I quickly remembered the day that those two events took place on the same day.


6 years ago, President George Bush and John Kerry were running against each other in a presidental election. My OB doctor encouraged me request an early ballot and mail it ASAP - which I did. The morning of the election, I sent my two oldest to school and sent Angela to my mother-in-laws (she only had 2 hours of school and I didn't want to deal with bus routes) while Jim and I headed to the hospital. Emily was born later that day and we joked with the nurses that we would name her Laura or Teresa depending on who won the election. I was just kidding of course.


Emily was born at 5: 20 pm and weighed 7 lbs. and 6 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. She was a beautiful healthy girl and we were so thrilled to finally hold her in our arms.

No comments: