Monday, November 22, 2010

Memorable Monday
glasses

Josh informed me a couple of weeks ago that he thinks he may need some glasses. After seeing the optometrist, we realized that he was right and ordered a pair for him. Josh was anxious and excited to get his glasses. He knew that the glasses would improve his vision. It was fun to hear Josh comment on the world he saw through his new glasses. He looks quite handsome too!

I remember when I first received my pair of glasses - I was around 15 years old. My experience was very similar to Josh's. I tried on my sister's glasses and realized that I needed them too. My vision was very poor and it's amazing that it wasn't discovered earlier. I was a very shy child and did speak up when I struggled to see the chalkboard. I looked into my sister's glasses and noticed that the objects were clearer with much more detail than I realized. That incident was just what I needed for me to speak up and get an appointment with the eye doctor. Because my vision was so poor, my glasses needed thicker lenses to correct my eye sight. I'm so glad that now I am able to wear thinner lenses. Eye glasses are a great blessing in my life and I'm so grateful for this technology.

1 comment:

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

He looks so sophisticated and grown up with the glasses!