Friday, May 16, 2008

Field Trips

Yesterday, Dani went on a field trip to Saguaro Lake. They went aboard a paddle boat and toured the lake, had a picnic lunch, and went on a small hike near the lake. It was a great field trip.We cruised the lake on the Desert Belle. The cruise lasted 90 minutes with a great captain telling us facts about the lake while cracking a few jokes. The kids loved the cruise, especially when there was a small chance to get wet from the wakes of the other boats. We went in the morning so there wasn't a lot of boats on the lake just yet.

The kids loved checking out the sites. They loved the ducks, vultures, and waving to the fisherman, boaters, and kayakers. The scenery was beautiful. I loved seeing the 4 peaks mountain range. This is a picture from the website. It shows a better view of the paddle boat against the 4 peaks mountains. The scenery is awesome. There is a campsite only accessible by the lake. My kids would love to camp there. That's sounds so cool!I enjoyed going on Dani's field trip. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to go with her. She was so sweet to invite me. Thanks Dani!



Angela is going on a field trip today to Porter Elementary. She currently attends Roosevelt and is in 2nd grade. The special ed program that she is in transfers to Porter in 4th grade. She is in a class with mostly 3 graders who will go to Porter next fall. The students are going to check out Porter and have lunch there. The neat part about this is Josh and Dani attend Porter Elementary. My three school age kids will have lunch at the same school. This is a first time that this has happened. I wanted to be there for this special occasion, but the teachers didn't want the parents to come. I could eat lunch with Dani and accidentally see Angela, but that wouldn't be fair to the other kids, especially for those kids who will attend Porter in the fall. I am posting this email and thinking about my kids today. I hope someone sees her and say hello and makes her feel welcome outside of her class. Porter is Angela's home school and she loves Porter and can't wait to be a student there, but she has another year at Roosevelt with totally awesome teachers and a wonderful program for her.

2 comments:

Bren's Life said...

What a fun field trip. I've been on that paddle boat & it is beautiful. That drive though makes me sick!!!

Kim said...

That sounds like a fun field trip, one that I kinda want to take my kids on (until I read Brenda's comment about car sickness - my kids get car sick, Kaylen did today).
That will be so nice for all your kids to be at Porter.