Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Mother's Day is a day set aside to honor our mothers. My mom is a great example of love and service. She has a huge heart and shows her love through her service. She has always been there for us. She has helped me in so many different ways, which makes it hard to remember all of the things she has done for me. Here are just of few things that stand out in my mind.
  • She came to see my muscial performances in high school and endured my practicing.
  • She gave me encouragement when I faced surgery and physical therapy with my arm.
  • She helped me plan my wedding reception and made that day wonderful for me.
  • She helped me when I became a first time mom and gave me encouragement.
  • She reassured me when I was worried about Angela's health.
  • She watched my younger kids so I could go on field trips with my kids all day.
  • She spoils my kids on holidays, she believes that any holiday is a reason to celebrate.

I could go on and on. My mom has done so much for me, some of which I will never know about. That's what make moms so special. They don't look for the recognition, they just do things because they love you. I love you Mom.

I have a wonderful mother-in-law. She is a great exampe of service and love. She truly loves her children and her grandchildren. I've enjoyed my relationship with her and love her positive outlook. I love talking with her and receive a lot of good advice. She listens and is a great rescource when I need her help. She loves my children and makes them feel that they are the most important person in the world. She loves to play with the my kids and get to know them on a personal level. She is willing to watch them while Jim and I need a break or what to go on a small vacation. She is an amazing lady and I glad that she's my mom too.

Both my mom and mother-in-law love to go to lunch together. They have a great relationship with each other. They are so cute together as you can see in the picture above. This picture was taken several years ago at a wedding breakfast for my brothers. They support each other a great deal. I hope they had a great Mother's Day, they both deserve it. They had taught me to be a better mother through example.

Thank you!

4 comments:

Bren's Life said...

That's so sweet. I bet they appreciated that..

porterjule said...

Tami, it's so great to see your cute family. I don't know your mom, but I totally agree with everything you said about Myrna. I love her!!! When I was little i used to always say i wanted to grow up and be just like Myrna Pace.
-Julie Porter

White Family said...

Your mom sounds like an incredible lady. Now I know who you take after! I could see Angela making a tribute like this to you one day. I know her mother means a lot to her.

Britta said...

Hey, I found you from Mindy's blog- so cool. Now I can catch up with your life.