Friday, June 26, 2009

Dani's Second Set of Braces

Dani went to the Orthodontist this week to get braces. She really didn't want to get braces on again. She remembered how it felt the first time and was nervous about it the second time. She was very brave while getting them on. When we arrived home, she had one bite of cucumber and one of the braces popped off. We had to go straight to the Orthodontist to get it sealed on. The funny thing is that when before we left the office, Dani expressed concern over that particular brace to the assistant.
Dani before her braces

Dani with her full set of braces

Dani received this cute shirt from the orthodontist. So cute and I love the saying.

Dani has seen the orthodontist since she was 7. She had a bar placed in her mouth to prevent her from sucking her thumb and fix the damage that had been done. After the bar had done it's job, she had braces placed on the top 4 teeth and bottom 3 teeth, there wasn't space for four braces down there. Her teeth looked so good after going through phase I.
Dani before her first set of braces
Dani with her braces on. The pictures show the first and last day of the Phase I braces.

The Orthodontist sang a cute song to Dani and gave her a bucket full of goodies - goodies she couldn't have while wearing braces.

2 comments:

White Family said...

This orthodontist sounds wonderful, and it looks like he does a marvelous job too. Dani's teeth look great! You'll have to let me know who you go to so that when I have to take my kids to the ortho (which I'm sure I will someday) I can take them to him!

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

Sooooooooo cute! Not many girls look that good with braces! She'll thank you later (when she has a Perfect profile) for taking her to the orthodontist! What a good mommy!