Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

"The father of our home leads our family with wisdom’s light in all that’s right; My father’s good to me. Fathers are so special with a very special love. They watch us and protect us. They guide us and direct us back to our home above."The kids have such an amazing father who loves to hang out with his kids. It' so fun to watch Jim with his kids and interact with them. His sense of humor comes out when he is with them. The kids love to go on dates with Jim and have their dad's attention. I am very grateful for Jim and all that he does for his kids, most of which the kids are unaware of. He supports our family financially and works hard to update his skills needed for his career. He gives the children priesthood blessings when needed and shows his son how to honor his priesthood. I felt it was very important for my children and I to honor Jim on Father's Day and let him know that we appreciate him very much.

"I’m so glad when daddy comes home, glad as I can be; clap my hands and shout for joy, then climb upon his knee, put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this, pat his cheeks, then give him what? A great big kiss."

Jim and I have wonderful dads and I want to spend some time honoring the both of them. They are great men who have done so much for us and continue to help and bless our lives.

Here is my dad and I during a Father and Daughter dance.

Grandpa swinging Angela in a hammock.

No comments: