Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorable Monday
Transitioning to Jr. High

Josh is participating in a two week program called "Jump Start" which is designed to help students transition to Jr. High. It's such a great program that gives students a heads up before the first day of school. Josh is getting more excited to start school.

This reminded me of the time I needed to take summer school just before I entered Middle School. I was struggling in reading and needed the extra help. I was so excited to take the class at Mt. Jordan which was going to be my new school. My elementary school was really far away and took 10 minutes to get there. Most of the people I knew there would go to a different school, except my best friend Stephanie. It was a great opportunity to meet knew people, become familiar with the school, and catch up with my peers all at the same time.
Sprucewood Elementary

Mt. Jordan Middle School

No comments: