Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas 2014


Wall Christmas Party

The Barney came up for a Christmas Party.  We had a Cafe Rio style dinner complete with nachos.  It was fun to chat with Debbie and Randy while they were up here.  Debbie, Lisa, my mom, and I went shopping at Seagull Book and Target after dinner.  It was great having some girl time!  My parents gave us a box of oranges and a bag of hot chocolate.   My parents always send a box of oranges to my brothers and I was so excited when my dad gave our family a box of oranges.  I was so busy enjoying myself  that I didn't take many pics, but I did get one of the 4 girls.
Cousins!!!

Christmas Sunday

 I love Christmas Sunday and the sweet messages that we hear at church.  The spirit is really strong at church as we talk about the Birth of the Savior.  This year the church has launched a campaign called "He is the Gift".  Because of His gift, we can truly be happy.  I'm so happy this Christmas because of the peace I have received this year.

"He is the Gift" - lds campaign
One of our missionaries had to go home due to health reasons.  Josh was asked on Sunday to be Elder Collet's companion during church and an hour or two after church.  They sat a couple of rows ahead of us and when I gazed at the two of them, a tear came to my eye as I realized that he could go on a mission really soon.
Josh and Elder Collet
I love to get family pictures on Christmas Sunday, but Angela had a headache, so I decided to get smaller groups of pictures and make a collage.  I love my family and I'm so glad that I get to spend the Christmas season with them.  
My family

Temple Lights

We went to the temple a week ago to hear Danni sing, but we didn't take time to walk around the lights.  We went another night when after most of the crowd has left.  It was neat to walk around the temple grounds with my family and talk.
Family at the temple

Christmas Eve Pace Party

We had our annual Christmas Eve dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Pace's House.  We had Cafe Rio styled nachos, burritos, and salad.  The pork was smoked and oh so yummy!!  Mindy brought some root beer for the family and they were disguised as reindeer.  We watched a video of the grandkids in their younger years while we ate.  We missed Devon, but know that he is where he is supposed to be.  The kids made trains from candy and we played some great games.  We had a great time and really enjoyed spending time with our cousins.



The evening is complete when Grandpa Pace hands out the stuffed animals.  This year, he passed out cute little reindeers - Rodney and Rhonda
Traditional pics with Grandpa!!

Christmas Eve Traditions

We have our own family Christmas Eve traditions. We open presents given to us by Grandma and Grandpa Pace and special ones that the parents select, which usually ends up being all the presents under the tree.  Grandma and Grandpa Pace gave everyone money this year - YAY!! We also receive some pipe chimes - they will be fun for family night.  We opened our PJ and book presents too. 
Christmas PJs
This year, we tried something new - our gifts to each other needed to be homemade gifts - no going shopping.  It was fun to see what gifts we would make for each other.  Danni's gift to her dad broke before she could give it to him.  It was going to be something for his key chain - I think she'll try it again.  This was a great idea and we'll see if it becomes a tradition or a one time thing.


Christmas Morning

I love Christmas morning!!!  Our family likes to sleep in, so we start opening presents around 8:00.  It gives us plenty of time before Grandma and Grandpa Wall come to see what Santa brought.  Santa brought lots of toys and goodies.
presents

Family pic - from Danni's camera


Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Wall

We had lunch with our cousins on the Wall side of the family.  We ate a traditional ham and potatoes dinner. It was yummy!!  After dinner we opened presents.  Lisa had a recorder for Ashley so she could tape the event.   We were spoiled and everyone was pleased with their gifts.  The boys and Emily headed into the living room for some games while Kenzie and Angela wrote in their journals.  The Clawsons were counting down the hours when they could speak to Ashley.  It was a great Christmas!!!
Opening Presents
Angela, Kenzie, and Emily received some gorgeous necklaces from Grandma Wall
Christmas pics from Danni's camera - her camera is better than mine
Danni testing out her camera out - she is jumping on the Clawson's new trampoline

No comments: