Monday, December 29, 2014

Memorable Monday
Ward Boundary Changes

Our stake realigned our ward boundaries again.  This is the 3rd time that they've done this since I lived in the KBP Ward and the 4th time since I've lived in this stake. 

  • The first time that the realigned the ward boundaries was when I was a young adult living at home.  They announced that there would be changes made just before our family went to Utah for Lisa's open house.  We traveled to Utah and had a great time and totally forgot about the changes until we returned.  We were a small group that moved into the new ward and it was difficult not to be in the same ward with Chyrisse.  The stake changed the wards to names instead of numbers, so we went to the 29th Ward to the Lazona Ward.  I grew to love this ward and they helped with so much as a young adult.
  • The second time that the ward boundaries were changed was shortly after I had Angela.  We were living in the KBP Ward and I was the RS Secretary when I heard that there would be some changes.  I remember talking to the Visiting Teaching supervisor and knew that we needed to wait before making some changes in the route.  We lost the houses west of 24th Street, Yale, and Garnet to the Silvergate Park Ward.  It was hard to lose so many good families.
  • The third time that they changed the boundaries was a couple of years later and they returned all the streets that we lost from the last ward boundary change plus one more street.  A lot of people moved in and out since then, so there were a lot of changes.  I was serving in Primary a that time.  It took awhile to get familiar with everyone, but I hoped that we were done switching things around again.
  • The fourth time was yesterday and they took the houses west of 24th street again.  It's a tough lose to lose so many good families.  Each of my children had friends that will now go to the Copper Ward.  My dear friend, Joella, will be attending the Copper Ward too.  It's sad to make changes.
When I was 14 years old, I was attending the Crescent 14th Ward with a couple of really good friends, Stephanie Bacher and Rachelle Anderson.  I really loved my ward.  There was a neighboring ward called the Crescent 9th Ward and most of the youth didn't like me.  There was a ward boundary change and my street joined the 9th Ward.  I was so sad because Stephanie and Rachelle were not coming with me and scared because the girls in the new ward didn't like me.  I didn't want to go to church, but I did.  It was so hard at first, but the girls started to like me and I learned to love that ward too.  Change is so hard and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to meet new people.

No comments: