Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Facebook Posts 2014

January 4th - I love hanging out with my family this week. It was been amazing!!!
January 9th -I love my daughter Danni Pace!!! She is so amazing!!!! I'm so glad that I can laugh and cry with her!!
January 17th - January's concert season is as busy as December with all the feeder concerts. I'm attend 3 of them this month. What a GREAT way to start off the year!!!!!! I can't to see my 3 girls sing together on the Mesa High Stage. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.
January 23rd - Porter Elementary had a guest speaker today - US Congressman Matt Salmon. He came to hear about the project they've done recently. The kids earned approximately $1400 to help a school in Kenya get access to clean water. They are learning that they can make a difference in someone's life. The kids sat quietly and listened to Matt Salmon and then asked questions about what the federal government is doing to help 3rd World countries access clean water.
January 23rd - My daughters sang tonight at the Mesa High Choir Concert. Taylor Junior High and Mesa Children's Choir joined Mesa High for this concert. They sang the final song together - "Song for the Unsung Hero". This was the first time my girls have sang on the same stage and I don't know if it will ever happen again. I had tears in my eyes watching all three of them perform. It was a moment that I will never forget!!!! 
January 24th - Josh Pace and Danni Pace are going to regionals tomorrow. They have been preparing for awhile to try out to be in the regional band and regional choir. Good Luck to the both of them!!!
January 25th -Josh is having his Eagle Court of Honor tomorrow. We are so proud of this great accomplishment!!!! 
January 26th - Goodbye Devon!!!! His cousins are really going to miss him as he serves the people on Chile.
January 27th -A successful Marching Band has ended and the sousaphones are put away. Josh has found a way to make his spring semester even busier than the fall. He is in 5 music groups this semester - yes 5. He is in Full Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, Regionals, Pit Orchestra, and a college clarinet class. If you drive by my house, don't be surprised if you hear music.
January 29th - It's time to think about high school registration and I'm starting to get anxious about sending Angela to MHS. I know she has family and friends to help her get around campus, and that's comforts me a lot. I know that MHS is the place she needs to go, but I'm still anxious. 
January 31st - True Love = working at home and taking on the chauffeuring responsibilities while your wife crashes on the couch for a day and a half. They were busy days too. Thanks Jim Pace!!
February 5th - We took our family to the Gilbert Temple Open House today. Since temples is centered around families, we had to go as a family. It was amazing and I loved hearing the oohs and aahs from my little girls. We brought Cali Halaby with us and that added a lot to the experience. Thanks for the taking the pics 
February 5th - 4 AZ Temples - Jim and I took the kids to Snowflake Temple, open House, the Gila Valley Temple Open House, and now the Gilbert Temple Open House. 
February 10th - We are going to miss you Sister Ashley Clawson. She is going to be a GREAT missionary!!!!
February 11th -After feeling miserable for 10 days, I saw the doctor and he confirmed that I have pneumonia and low oxygen levels. Now, I have the medication needed to feel better soon.
February 14th -Josh will be spending the next two days preparing for regional band. The will spend two days practicing with a late afternoon concert.
February 14th - A special thanks to whomever came over and brought me Jumba Juice. I really needed it and it brought tears to my eyes. Thank You!!!!!
February 15th - Josh participated in the regional honor band today, Congrats Josh Pace !!!!!!!!
February 18th - I've had some down time and I've spent it watching the Olympics. I've been biting my nails watching the skiing and snowboarding events. It's been INTENSE!!!!
February 24th - HOME SWEET HOME!!!! Thanks to all my family and friends who helped my family and I this weekend. Thanks for the visits, texts, emails, phone calls, prayers, and help transporting my kids EVERYWHERE!!!! It's such a blessing to know that there are so many people looking out for you. I am on my way to a speedy recovery and I'm so grateful for the love that has been shown. I know that the doctors, nurses, techs were guided in the right direction to find my diagnosis. Thanks everyone!!!!
February 28th - Not everyone gets a birthday this year. Sorry Angela!!!!! Her birthday isn't for a couple of years.
February 28th - Angela and I celebrated her 14th birthday. We are learning to joke about having a birthday every 4 years. I love Angela!!!!!!!!
March 2nd - Our whole family was able to attend the Gilbert Temple Dedication today. The spirit was so strong at the dedication. "Families can be together Forever"
March 4th -Wind Ensemble received a Superior with Distinction at the festival today. Great Job!!!!!
March 7th -Josh had his band concert last night. The concert was amazing!! Josh was recognized with his clarinet section for receiving an excellent for their ensemble. They videoed their piece and submitted it to be judged. This group did this on their own time. Josh was also recognized for participating in the regional band and also for his all-state audition today. Josh is busy with the band and he LOVES it!!!
March 7th -Danni's Birthday was 3 days shy of the Priest and Laurel Dance. A trip to Nielson's was REQUIRED!!!!
March 10th - Happy Birthday to my 16 year old daughter. She is an amazing girl who knows who she is and what she wants. She is super talented and loves to live life to its fullest. Happy Birthday Danni!!! We love you!!!
March 11th - Josh and Danni are performing "Hello Dolly" at Mesa High. Danni is in the Ensemble and Josh is in the pit orchestra. Mesa High always has great performances and this one should be just as amazing. You can order the tickets online, or talk to Josh and Danni. I took a quick glance and the show looks and sounds amazing. I can't wait to see the show!!!!!
March 11th - Only in our house do we debate if 1 is a prime number. Of course I won the debate. 1 is NOT a prime number!!
March 18th -My family has the "Frozen" soundtrack memorized. If you visit us or ride in our car, prepare for at least one of us to break into song. It's good to watch the movie again. I love to hear my kids sing. I love to sing right along with them.
March 26th - Last night the kids did a "Hello Dolly" performance for their families. It was amazing!!!! Tonight is opening night. I'm so excited for them.
April 2nd - Josh played at the MAC last night with the Mesa High Band. They performed the pieces that they played at the festival. It was a great performance!!!
April 4th - AIMS assembly today - the kids ahead a pep assembly to get them stoked for the test. Good Luck next week!!!!!
April 5th -Hours of practice + 6 shows + 1,000's of memories = 1 amazing and memorable experience. I'm so incredibly proud of Josh and Danni. They worked so hard and did their best. I'm going to miss watching and listening to them perform "Hello Dolly".
April 8th -While my girls were working hard on their AIMS test, My son and I hung out for the day. No AIMS for Josh this year!!!!
April 10th - For drama, the students wrote a comedy script. The students are the directors and actors too. Tonight, they are performing these scripts. It's going to be a great evening watching my daughter!!! Good Luck Danni!!
April 14th - I'm going Prom dress shopping after school. I'm excited and sad at the same time. It seemed like yesterday she was 12 years old and entering YW and now she is 16 looking for a Prom dress.
April 20th -My son gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting today on gratitude. It was an amazing talk. It's great to listen to your kids give talks, especially when that write them.
April 20th - Easter 2014 - What a beautiful morning!!! Because of our Savior, I'll be able to be with my family forever.
April 30th - Tomorrow morning, I have an IEP mtg for Angela. It's one more step closer to high school. I'm nervous about the meeting and hope I can be the advocate she needs me to be. An IEP for Angela is such a blessing in our lives. I'm so grateful for the services that she gets at school.
May 2nd - Jim and Josh are off to Fathers and Sons outing. Josh is usually too busy to go with his dad to Fathers and Sons, but he found the time this year. I hope they have an amazing time and I'm already missing them.
May 8th - Danni had a performance tonight at the Euphoria Concert. Her Elite Fitness class showed some workout moves to music.
May 9th - Angela went to Disneyland with the Taylor Performing Arts. The choir had an amazing opportunity to record a couple of Disney songs in a real studio. It's been an amazing experience for these Taylor Junior High kids.
May 9th -Wishing my son good luck this morning as he takes his first of three AP tests planned for this year.
May 11th - Happy Mother's Day!!! I'm so glad to be home with my family. I went on a trip with the TJHS performing arts and returned at 9:15 this morning. I really appreciate just being home on Mother's Day.
May 14th - Danni at the choir concert last night. Her choir sang songs from the Lion King. She had a tiny solo In "Circle of Life". It was a great concert!!!!
May 15th - Josh earned his letter this year. I'm do proud of all he has done in band this year.
June 2nd - 5 stores in 5 1/2 hrs. We are almost ready for Girl's Camp!!!!!
June 15th - Happy Father's Day to my husband!!!! 
June 24th -Jim and I made plans to take the scouts to Encampment, but the scouts didn't need our help after all. Since the girls had plans and Josh is off to to camp, Jim and I decided to enjoy the day off. We started off with a late breakfast. It's going to be a GREAT day!!!!!
July 4th - I had an amazing birthday spent with my family. Thanks everyone for their birthday wishes!!!
July 11th - Josh is getting his senior yearbook picture taken this afternoon. I still can't believe he is a senior this year.
July 30th - Angela is drawing Pokemon characters by following each step of a "how to draw book". She is a talented artist!!! She been drawing different pictures all week. I'm so impressed!!
Aug. 1st - I have been really anxious about sending Angela off to high school this year. I didn't know if her schedule would have her resource classes or if she would get her schedule in time to walk through her classes before Wednesday. I wrote a letter and sent an email expressing my concern and asked for help. I was starting to panic!! Then, her case manager called me to work out a solution with her. I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I'm going to try to follow the case manager's example this week. There are so many ways to help some one out.
Aug. 8th  - The benefits of having 3 kids in one school, SHOULD be that your kids start school at the same time. My high school kids start school at 3 different times. What???
JOSH has to be on the field at 6:30 with his instrument, so he needs to be there at 6:15. If he is late, he has to run lap so being late is not an option.
DANNI has A hour which starts at 6:45. A half an hour is a lifetime to a teenager girl getting ready for school, so she leaves later.
ANGELA doesn't have an A hour because the school didn't have a class for her to take.
Soon, I'll have 3 different pick up times when marching band, drama, and choir get into full swing. I better find some good car music!!!!!
Aug. 12th  - My two younger girls heard on the news today that it might rain. They both ran to get their coats to take to school. I just smiled!!!! Cute girls!!!!!!
Aug. 19th - These clouds looks ominous !!!I love the rain and cooler temperature!!!!!! I'm thinking of those in the north valley who were affected by the flooding.
Aug. 24th - Happy 18th Birthday to my son.  Where did the time go??
Aug. 25th - Danni was inducted into the National Honor Society tonight. I'm so proud of her!!!!!
Sept. 8th - Too much rain for MHS today!!! The campus was flooded including the basement. Mesa Public Schools didn't close any schools today, but MHS had an optional day today. I wish I knew it was optional before I took them to school. This is as close to an "AZ snow day" that they will ever see.
Sept. 17th - Danni had Improv Smack-down last night. She was hilarious and so fun to watch. Thanks for a great laugh!!!!
Sept. 30th - Tonight is the first choir concert of school year. This is Angela's first choir concert as a MHS student. She has performed on the MHS stage twice before on junior high nights. Danni has performed many times on the MHS stage, and she is fun to watch every time. I love my girls and I hope they have a great time!!!!
Oct. 18th - I ran away tonight to watch the MHS Marching compete. They did well and came in 2nd place. It was to get out and watch the show with Jim.
Nov. 2nd - Happy !0th Birthday to my sweetest Emily.  I sure do love that girl.
Nov. 8th - Mesa High Marching Band competing in Bands if America in California!!! We found out if they move into the finals tonight around 7:00. Finals are tonight.
Nov. 15th - This was Josh's last marching band competition. They took 2nd place in their division. It was an amazing show. I will miss watching Josh compete in marching band. I'm thrilled to have him home a little bit more. I know that he will find some other activities to do during his senior year.
Nov. 29th - We are putting up our Christmas tree and realized that we need new lights. We were discussing how many lights we would need for the tree. Jim and Josh used the mathematical formula for a cylinder to determine how much was needed. Haha - I love my boys!!!!
Dec. 8th - Nielsen's has their fries for 25 cents today. My kids can't wait to go!!!!
Dec. 14th - The Mesa High choir is singing tomorrow night at the temple starting at 7:00. Christian Dance is performing next Monday.
Dec. 21st - Christmas Sunday - We couldn't get a group shot, so I made a collage. I love the Sunday before Christmas.
Dec. 22nd - I was watching the news this morning and saw this story.  It's the first day of winter and this best is running around south of Mesa instead of hibernating.   Silly bear!!   It was fun to watch on TV.
Dec. 27th - I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. We did!!!!

No comments: